[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [support-gang] An Opportunity to bring vital content to the Sugar/XO world - Needs technical help.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jul 19 14:01:16 EDT 2009

On 19 Jul 2009, at 18:17, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

>>> :-( triple damn and blast... I used a (recent) flash de-compiler to
>>> convert the .SWF into a v7 .FLA. I can access all the project/code/
>>> media,
>>> but the levels still didn't progress (though I could always get
>>> through the
>>> exit). There should be 3 levels (see attached images), and two
>>> game over
>>> (failure/success):
>>>

>> Hmm, any chance its not supposed to progress automatically? Maybe
>> it is
>> waiting for something from the Classroom Management System before
>> it allows
>> you to go on to the next level?
>
> That was the initial guess from the IFL people, then they provided a
> new version with that stuff stripped out. And this new version in
> (some?) Adobe's Flash progresses automatically but in Gnash it
> doesn't.

Thanks for the info.

I've been trying to test your gnash gtk+ widget and the eatboom
project in current sugar-jhbuild but failing at an early hurdle :-)
Any hints as to how to get the gnash python module, so python can
import it? Do I need to manually re-compile the gnash source with some
extra flags (some weak mentions of this while googling for a solution).

Regards,
--Gary