[Sugar-devel] Request to add webkitgtk as a external dependency

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 16 18:35:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 03:22:19PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> 2009/7/14 Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Sascha
> > Silbe<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:

> >> That will most likely break on any non-x86 architecture, potentially on i386
> >> or amd64 as well (depending on what you ship).
> >
> > Ah yes - I plan to drop this as soon as the distros update the
> > pywebkitgtk. Right now I plan the code to check for system install of
> > pywebkitgtk, and if not found, load the appropriate module for x86
> > (32bit or 64bit). I plan to attempt to build for PPC as well.
>
> Aleksey has already been doing this in several activities, I think it
> would be very interesting if the Activity Team could come with a
> recommendation and perhaps with some tools to make it easier for
> activity authors.

When amount of binary packages comes to critical mass
we'll have to setup building farm :)

For now, in several activities(bounce, colors, any GCompris etc.)
I use very simple scheme: package x86/x86_64 and python25/python26 blobs
and use simple selector[1] to run proper binaries.

Dont know how we can unify this process(do we really need it?) before switcing
to building farm for ASLO.

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/colors/repos/mainline/blobs/master/colorsc/__init__.py

--
Aleksey