[Sugar-devel] Physics activity

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Mon Jul 13 03:18:04 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 03:11:15AM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:

> Think we need to make a call on the stability of the new Physics
> Journal state format first, or at least make sure everyone knows the
> storage format may (or may not) be stable long term (hate to see a
> bunch of folks generating/posting examples for lesson plans only to
> have them all fail to resume in a few versions from now).
FWIW the datastore itself can "migrate" from older to newer versions,
i.e. read the contents of an old-format datastore and write a new-format
one. You could do something similar in Physics so you would at least be
backwards compatible.
I think I've seen this in some activity as well, but can't remember
which one.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/