[Sugar-devel] GPA XS Report

Anurag Goel agoel23 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:46:46 EDT 2009

Today at the Gardner Pilot Academy we tried setting up an XS school server.
We were able to install the software (version 0.5.2) using the cd image
that's on the wiki. We then set the host name and enabled the ejabberd
service so it would start automatically upon boot. When we checked the
status of ejabbered it showed that ejabbered was running and everything
seemed to be fine. We booted several computers with SoaS and changed the
network settings from the default (jabber.sugarlabs.org) to the IP address
on the XS. After doing this, the computers in the computer lab still would
not recognize each other and there was no collaboration. However after
running several commands on the the XS we were able to see that computers
were able to connect to the server but were not able to see each other.  Any
ideas on what we can do to make this work as collaboration will really
maximize the potential of Sugar. Caroline, please add any details I might
have left out.

Thanks,
Anurag Goel

--