[Sugar-devel] Journal feature request--more data in main display

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:06:06 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Gaurav Bhushan <gaurav at schmizz.net> wrote:

> Sure Fred, let me know what would be required of me.

Perhaps you could look at the list of nouns and verbs below and think of
icons to represent them.
If you see 'garycmartin' on irc://irc.freenode.net#sugar, ask him his views
on what is most lacking.

Some in the list (like Paint, Chat, Books) seem to have Sugar icons already,
but perhaps Gary is thinking of a more generic expression.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Iconsis
the wiki page Eben wrote for icons.  Perhaps a gallery for review
could
be started here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Toolbars/Icons

I don't remember where Eben has saved the Sugar Theme Icons.  Perhaps he
could add a reference.

Thanks for your contributions!         --Fred

> Regards,
> Gaurav
>
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>wrote:
>>
>>> ... One thing we could do
>>> to try to move forward on the new toolbar concept is to build svg
>>> icons for as many of the tabs that are already in use. We need to come
>>> up with clear and identifiable icon for each **before** moving forward
>>> (not just the few obvious common cases view/edit/image/text/format/
>>> colour/etc).
>>>
>>> Here's a quick trawl, not a full list. If we can't manage these, it
>>> would be unfair to expect Activity Authors to have any more success.
>>> Note: that some of these may need Activity specific variants, though
>>> we may be able to drop some if we are willing to redesign some
>>> Activities current UI:
>>>
>>> Algebra
>>> Audio
>>> Books