[Sugar-devel] Datastore API changes

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jul 4 09:44:05 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 13:09, Sascha
Silbe<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 03:10:44PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> That means the activity is responsible for deleting the file it  committed
>> once the DS is finished?
>
> That's an open question:
>
>   * TODO: who deletes the activity "copy" of the entry?
>
>> Also "activities should not submit new entries while the previously
>>  submitted one hasn't been fully committed yet" would be another  burden.
>
> Looks like I need to define should/must/etc. for the final version of the
> document. It's an advice, not a requirement. The intention is to avoid
> having an ever-increasing backlog because the activity saves faster than the
> datastore can process.
>
> BTW, tomeu: How does the current API signal an error like running out of
> disk space? Is it just an unspecific "DBus call failed", resulting in an
> unspecific "Keep Error" or is there some code in place I haven't seen yet
> that handles special cases?

The client side can know which python exception was raised in the
server side and do whatever it can to best handle it. In all cases I
know, that's just informing the user that some error happened while
trying to save the work.

What the shell does is monitor from time to time the amount of disk
space free and notify the user of this condition when it gets below
some threshold.

Regards,

Tomeu