[Sugar-devel] Datastore API changes

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Jul 4 07:09:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 03:10:44PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> That means the activity is responsible for deleting the file it
> committed once the DS is finished?
That's an open question:

    * TODO: who deletes the activity "copy" of the entry?

> Also "activities should not submit new entries while the previously
> submitted one hasn't been fully committed yet" would be another
> burden.
Looks like I need to define should/must/etc. for the final version of
the document. It's an advice, not a requirement. The intention is to
avoid having an ever-increasing backlog because the activity saves
faster than the datastore can process.

BTW, tomeu: How does the current API signal an error like running out of
disk space? Is it just an unspecific "DBus call failed", resulting in an
unspecific "Keep Error" or is there some code in place I haven't seen
yet that handles special cases?

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/