[Sugar-devel] Journal --- Sugar-Developers meeting REMINDER (2 July, 2009 - 14.00 (UTC)) --- irc.freenode.net, #sugar-meeting

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jul 2 05:52:01 EDT 2009

On 02.07.2009, at 06:08, Sascha Silbe wrote:

> [1] contains my thoughts on a VCS based datastore rewrite - a bit
> fleshed out now, but still not finished. The most important part for
> now is that I'd like to change the find() API call to take two
> parameters instead of one.

I'm slightly surprised you find this minor change the most important
part.

> [1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/versionsupport-project/repos/mainline/blobs/master/datastore-redesign.html

How do you intend transfer of file ownership to be handled? Have you
though about interaction with Rainbow?

The only way to access meta data for a given object seems to be find()?
Is there metadata associated with the object in general or just in
each version? How to access/distinguish those?

In update() I assume you submit the old version_id and get back the
new version_id?

And since you do not care about compatibility you should change the
spelling to follow the D-Bus naming conventions:
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#naming-conventions

- Bert -