[Sugar-devel] .rpms vs .xos for Activity packaging

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Tue Jan 13 08:49:34 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe its only my peculiar desire (to talk about packaging issues:), but...
>
> Since I'm trying support sugar in Gentoo/ALILinux/Mandriva,
> I don't know how to treat honey activities:
>
> - package them all
>  and do not rely on w.l.o/addons.s.o
> - let user download them from w.l.o/addons.s.o

I do think this would be the best option, if we're able to hammer out a spec
for deps that is easy to parse.

 - prevent installing unsupported (for current platform) activities
>  - blobs in activities, what should I do with pre-built 32b .so
>    on x86_64 (and future ARM/MIPS) platform

32b binaries will work on 64bit systems. However, maybe we should extend the
XO bundle spec to have our .xo builder also build an .xos source file that
can be compiled later

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc