[Sugar-devel] Help me developing for Sugar

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jan 11 12:03:47 EST 2009

[adding sugar-devel at sugarlabs.org to cc]

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:44, master puppetz <decfiv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Lazim and I'm a student from Malaysia. I am new in open source
> especially in Sugar development. Regard to my proposal at projectdb, I'd
> like to develop an e-mail client called SugarMail.
>
> I'm not sure whether SugarMail is possible to be developed or not, but my
> proposal is to make SugarMail to be an e-mail client that don't required
> mail server for sending e-mail among XO users. It sound ridiculous, but it's
> not imposible.

Sounds interesting.

> The problem is I don't have enough knowledge about developing a software for
> Sugar and currently I still don't receive my requested XO laptop for me to
> figure out. I've run the Sugar through emulation under the qemu but my
> laptop condition not very good at running 2 operating system simultaneously.

The activity team is being created as we talk, and I expect that
tutorials, welcome irc sessions, etc will be prepared soon. I hope you
will enjoy them and look forward seeing how you develop your activity.

http://sugarlabs.org/go/ActivityTeam

> I would like to ask for anyone that would help me be my mentor on developing
> this SugarMail. I also appreciate if anybody have any suggestion on how to
> develop the SugarMail under Windows environment as I'm using Windows XP on
> my laptop right now.

Easy way to install ubuntu in windows: http://wubi-installer.org/

Regards,

Tomeu