[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2009 is a go!

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:22:26 EST 2009

> OTOH the last year there was a rule that new organizations can get not
> more than two students in GSOC.
>
> Marcin

This is something on which we should get clarification ASAP. To me, it would
be logical for OLPC to have around 2 slots and Sugarlabs to get OLPC's
(presumably larger) allocation. This is not based on any judgement of the
relative importance or capacities of the two organizations, just on the fact
that the majority of projects will probably be applicable in the broader
sugar context.

Jameson