[Sugar-devel] XO wireless interface problem when AP down

Andrés Nacelle anacelle at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Mon Aug 10 09:50:06 EDT 2009

Hello, I´ve been working recently with something like 70 XO and during the
tests where I had 2 Access Point working, it happened that the electric
supply from one of this failed without me realising. So I keep trying to
associate to this AP with at least 30 XO and after 5 or 6 tries the wireless
interface decided to turn down by it´s own. If i try to run a iwlist eth0 sc
the message of interface unavailable or something like that came and
checking with ifconfig I realise that the eth was really down. Using
ifconfig eth0 up it came alive again but after trying to associate again it
turn down.

I don´t know if this is a buy or something done on purpose but it I would ad
this to my personal list of bad working stuff of the wireless area (wireless
board and network manager). Just think about it, you try to connect with an
AP a couple of times and when you realise it´s not answering and try to
connect with some other you can´t do it because your network interface is
down.

Any comment or idea of how to stop this from happening would be really
welcome

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Andres Nacelle