[Sugar-devel] Karma IRC meeting - August 11

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 05:54:46 EDT 2009

Mmm, I'm not sure how realistic it is for people to be interested in
providing that kind of data... But I could be wrong.
Having said that I certainly believe that such a feature would be overkill
at this point, there's a bunch of much higher priority tasks that we need to
tackle before and it's important not to lose focus of our main goals.

Christoph

2009/8/10 NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu>

>  Hi!
>
> It could be a little bit off topic and can be totally irrelevant because of
> the difference between education systems, but have you considered a
> possibility to generate lesson plans, examples and questions from a wiki?
> I mean that it is a lot of work to create a coherent lesson structure but
> after that filling it with simple data (examples and questions) can be crowd
> sourced. Handling hundreds of participants each only adding several
> sentences can be best handled with a wiki is not it?
> (It can be that it is just my fantasy and does not fit the group dynamics
> or the lesson structure you have in Nepal but what is your opinion?)
>

> Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>  here's a preliminary agenda for tomorrow's IRC meeting on
> #sugar-meeting: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma:Meeting_11_Aug_2009
>
>  Time permitting OLE Nepal's Roxan (in CC) will also be joining us at some
> point so we can discuss his involvement regarding the teacher's note and
> lesson plan.
>
>  Here are some early notes regarding the teacher's note and lesson plan:
>
>  * in html
> * images allowed (even encouraged?)
>  * a lesson can potentially have multiple lesson plans
> ** for different languages
> ** for different learners
> ** for the lesson / exercise / game part of the unit
> * lesson plans should contain an introduction which gives a very brief
> overview (1~2 sentences) of what exactly the lesson will teach the pupils
> ** this information can be used to identify interesting lessons in a given
> library
> * should be easy to navigate
> ** e.g. question of whether very long documents should be split into
> several pages for on-screen (target 1024x768) consumption
> ** should also look half-decent when printed
> * templates should be provided
>
>  Cheers,
> Christoph
>
>  --