[Sugar-devel] adding printing support to the journal

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 14 13:36:25 EDT 2009

Hi all,

my apologies for entering in this discussion so late, the soas and
distributions deadlines played very badly with the gsoc schedule.

If I understood correctly, the plan proposed in Vamsi's application
implies that the conversion from the format in which activities write
to a printable format like pdf would happen in the journal, I suppose
through the use of cups and a set of filters. Is this right?

I would like to know how we can expect that Sugar will be deployed
with all the filters that the user will need as she installs more
activities. Also would like to know if it has been considered to use
instead the same approach that regular linux apps use.

Thanks,

Tomeu