[Sugar-devel] adding printing support to the journal

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:25:41 EDT 2009

Tomeu,
Your last argument was very strong."[00:10] <tomeu> iwikiwi: it's ok for gtk
print to depend on cups, the important part is that we don't depend on
filters being present so printing can happen"
 the overhead involved is high with cups-pdf... Is it difficult to even get
the default filters installed? as every activity even new one will support
one default filter or another. But yes, with gtkprint we would only have to
worry about a single filter for conversion, and another for pdf-to-printing.
I have anyway asked the gnome people about the validity just in case. (on
their mailing lists) If I dont get any reply though, I will alter my
proposal. Its not a heavy modification to it anyway. Just the conversion to
pdf part. :D

Thanks!

But I still dont understand