[Sugar-devel] GSoC Proposal: Multimedia Broadcasting

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:26:19 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
> 2. Telepathy does not currently support multi-point conferences.
> Collabora is working on it, but from what I hear it's not likely to be
> ready by June.

Add the fact that the PHY of the assumed network (for XOs and
netbooks) is _wireless_.

With telepathy or without it, multicast video is not something that is
likely to work.

I hate to be harsh on a GSoC proposal, but unless the proponent has a
very solid plan on how to do the impossible over 802.11a/b/g/s, there
is a solid wall that will be hit at some point.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions