[sugar] Signed candidate-765 and gg-765-2 builds available for testing.

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Mon Sep 29 00:04:20 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 6:45 PM, S Page <info at skierpage.com> wrote:
> BUT! after I disabled my developer key and ran
>  sudo olpc-update candidate-765
> , my XO won't boot:
>    Trying nand:\boot\runos.zip
>      OS found - No signature for our key
>    Boot failed  :-(

Hmm, two bugs potentially here: olpc-update shouldn't let you upgrade
to an unsigned build (if that's what candidate-765 is giving you)
without an active developer key (unless you use the --force option, at
least).  I'll check this out on Monday.

> I've been asking on irc:#olpc if anyone has upgraded/installed candidate-765
> on a secure or developer-key XO, with no response.

I've installed it on a secured XO with a dev key (that's my usual
machine); I'll have to try turning security off.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )