[sugar] Signed candidate-765 and gg-765-2 builds available for testing.

S Page info
Sun Sep 28 18:45:09 EDT 2008

Important: has anyone successfully upgraded/installed to the signed
"candidate-765"?

If so, someone can edit
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing/current_image_stream
changing it from "8.2" to "candidate" and links and banners should work.

C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 3:47 AM, S Page <info at skierpage.com> wrote:
>> So I think you could or should change
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Latest_Releases/rc to
>> "candidate-765", and update Friend_in_testing to replace "1. Get a
>> developer key for your XO laptop." with "Anyone with a mass production
>> XO can upgrade to this candidate release (you don't need a developer key)."
>
> This sounds good to me.  I don't think you need to wait for Michael to
> make this change, could you go ahead and update the wiki?

I made
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:candidate-jffs2-link , pointing to
<http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/candidate/build765/devel_jffs2/>
There might be other templates and fragments needed.

BUT! after I disabled my developer key and ran
   sudo olpc-update candidate-765
, my XO won't boot:
     Trying nand:\boot\runos.zip
       OS found - No signature for our key
     Boot failed  :-(

I've been asking on irc:#olpc if anyone has upgraded/installed
candidate-765 on a secure or developer-key XO, with no response.

So I haven't permanently changed
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing/current_image_stream  from
"8.2" to "candidate" , but I believe the wiki is set up for the change.

Michael Stone wrote:
>  I have also published gg-765-2, a signed G1G1 candidate
> composite image, created by Scott. gg-765-2 is similar to what we hope
> to put into manufacturing next week.
> http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/custom/g1g1/gg-765-2/ (G1G1 composite)

Where should this be mentioned?  Should someone doing
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure copy this image?

--
=S Page   user:skierpage