[Sugar-devel] [sugar] OLPC + Sugar

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn
Sun Nov 30 20:12:25 EST 2008

> I haven't found it to be that difficult.
>
> o Sugar Labs has defined itself fairly clearly.
>
> o The OLPC volunteers are out doing software development,
> localization, and other essential tasks with extensive public
> discussion. It seems likely that most of the software development will
> move over to Sugar Labs, leaving behind OFW, drivers, and such. People
> are working on transferring some of the servers.

> o OLPC management and staff have never communicated effectively with
> the outside world. Not with volunteers, not with partner
> organizations, not with the public. I am working on this problem, and
> have established a tenuous connection with Nicholas and some of
> management, but don't hold your breath.

I presume you mean to include the OLPC contractors (Tomeu, Sayamindu, Morgs)
and the more available of the staff (Eben, for instance) in the general
category with volunteers, since it seems clear to me that they are capable
of effective communication, but also clear that they do not receive
effective communication from OLPC higher-ups.

Jameson