[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Fri Mar 21 12:02:18 EDT 2008

Hello all -
I wanted to formally conclude this thread by pointing out the tangible
outcome of the discussion.

I've posted the sugar-iconify script to the wiki.  You can find a download
link and "man" page here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar-iconify.  This
page also links to the more comprehensive guide on making Sugar icons, which
is located here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Making_Sugar_Icons.  The latter
page compiles most of the information I found on the multitude of older
pages which all contained partial and occasionally inaccurate information,
and which now redirect to this new authoritative source.  The new page has
been organized and supplemented with additional details, and sections exist
both for making use of the sugar-iconify script and for manually editing the
SVGs by hand.

I still have some more details and examples to flesh out before I call it a
day, but the content already there should serve anyone well when getting
started with the creation of Sugar icons.  If you notice any
inconsistencies, still have questions, or find any bugs in the posted
script, please let me know or post feedback in the discussion page on the
wiki.  Thanks!

Happy icon hacking!

- Eben