[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Gary C Martin gary
Wed Mar 19 23:59:31 EDT 2008

Hi Eben,

Quick question. What are you needing to composite the SVG over? Just a
solid colour of some kind (frame grey), or is it more complicated than
that? Just that in my test code I'm currently erasing the base Pixmap
before each alpha Pixbuf composite of the SVG, and I suddenly wondered
if i needed to buffer the original background content before I start
messing with it.

FYI: My current alpha strobe loading for a 55x55 px SVG on XO hardware
is:

	@ 100ms (10fps), about +9% to X process
	@ 50ms (20fps), about +19% to X process
	@ 33ms (30fps), about +17% to X process**
	@ 10ms (100fps), about +37% to X process

** wierd, it was actually slightly faster at 30fps than 20fps, perhaps
a screen refresh side-effect? Maybe worth graphing across a finer
range of frequencies to see if there is a sweet spot somewhere.

Gary