[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Bert Freudenberg bert
Wed Mar 12 10:42:36 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 3:55 , Paul Fox wrote:

>  (for instance, is there a way to turn the inkscape drawing
> background to black?)

* File - Document properties - background (set alpha to 255)

... or ...

* add a black rectangle and lock it.

> to really see the icon requires getting it onto my (emulated) XO,

I use the zoom tool to view the icon at small sizes.

Also, I only use two colors - full red for strokes and full yellow for
fill works nicely on the white background. Then it is easy to find/
replace all #FF0000 with &stroke_color; and all #FFFF00 with
&fill_color;. Also I remove most of the cruft by copying only the top-
level <g></g> into a clean svg template:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1
.1/DTD/svg11.dtd" [
   <!ENTITY fill_color "#CCCCCC">
   <!ENTITY stroke_color "#000000">
]>
<svg width="55" height="55" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
   <g>
   </g>
</svg>

With this procedure I have not really felt the need for more tool
support, it takes only a few iterations.

- Bert -