[sugar] Shell redesign status

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sun Mar 9 13:20:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  >
>  >  - The devices in the bottom frame are on the left because couldn't
>  >  find a clean way of doing it without rethinking the classes in
>  >  tray.py.
>  >  - Some issues with the prelighting of the device icons also related to
>  >  the tray.py mess.
>
>  I can look into these issues after the code landed.

Cool. These issues are related with *Tray inheriting from gtk.Box but
storing its children in a separate structure, so all the container and
box methods should be reimplemented using this other children list.

The palette issues are related to how IconTray sets the palette and the invoker.

>  >  - Nothing happens during activity launching.
>
>  This needs to be fixed before we land the new code (for the main
>  view). Sounds like the only blocker.

Yes, probably Eben would need to play a bit with the current code, so
he gets a feeling of the general interaction with the new model.

>  >  - Several options in palettes not implemented.
>
>  I think it's a good rule to *not* add unimplemented UI, you never know
>  when you get to implement it and it's confusing for the user in the
>  meantime.

Agreed, the only ones present in the UI but unimplemented are 'Keep',
'Share with' and 'Start with'.

>  >  I'm in general quite happy about it, except the accelerators work,
>  >  that has too much duplicated code.
>
>  I'd have preferred to review/land that separately, hopefully it's not
>  too big/problematic.

Oh, at all. The only two commits are:

fde28747ae10fdc65bf6da07d40fd68ae11ee84b in sugar-toolkit
5affcc30ff890236d39bdff82fdfcad24d7221f7 in sugar

This last commit is the only one that depends on the accelerators stuff.

Tomeu