[sugar] Shell redesign status

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sun Mar 9 12:57:01 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:

>  - The devices in the bottom frame are on the left because couldn't
>  find a clean way of doing it without rethinking the classes in
>  tray.py.
>  - Some issues with the prelighting of the device icons also related to
>  the tray.py mess.

I can look into these issues after the code landed.

>  - Nothing happens during activity launching.

This needs to be fixed before we land the new code (for the main
view). Sounds like the only blocker.

>  - Several options in palettes not implemented.

I think it's a good rule to *not* add unimplemented UI, you never know
when you get to implement it and it's confusing for the user in the
meantime.

>  I'm in general quite happy about it, except the accelerators work,
>  that has too much duplicated code.

I'd have preferred to review/land that separately, hopefully it's not
too big/problematic.

Thanks,
Marco