[sugar] gnome-vfs-2.0 or gnome-vfs2 for evince and python-dbus?

Joel Rees joel_rees
Mon Jan 14 05:48:19 EST 2008

No results yet.

On ?? 20/01/14, at 17:15, Joel Rees wrote:

> The dependencies currently say gnome-vfs-2.0, which doesn't show up
> very much when I search laptop.org for it.
>
> yum search gnome-vfs
>
> yields only gnome-vfs2 .
>
> I'm going to edit the configuration files for evince and dbus on my
> box and trying compiling again,

Didn't fly, even when trying to ./configure evince directly. (Which
strikes me as odd. Maybe my efforts to edit configure and
configure.ac failed. Better look again when I get a chance.)

> but I'd appreciate any comments on
> what's happening there.
>
> I'm also thinking of yum-ming both evince and dbus, to see if I can
> just bypass the whole thing.

When I checked, python-dbus was already in place in the OS libraries.
Brought evince in with yum. sugar-jhbuild doesn't pick up either.

Oh, the host OS is Fedora Core 7.

Sugar does run. Some of the supposedly bundled activities don't show
up (pippy, for instance). Other than that, it's pretty stable. I was
able to add the story builder and it seems to run.

(Tried to figure out how to add pippy or otherwise encourage it to
show up, no ideas yet.)

Joel Rees
(waiting for a 3+GHz ARM processor to come out,
to test Steve's willingness to switch again.)