[sugar] how can communications mode be manually controlled ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Tue Aug 26 07:19:48 EDT 2008

>>   2) To turn off mesh, click on wireless AP; to turn off wireless AP,
>>       click on mesh (assuming no obstacles caused by bugs).
>
> Yes.  If by "turn off" you mean "do not use", in particular.
>
>>      But will the indicated communications mode persist, or will
>>       Network Manager soon switch back (e.g., if there is no AP) ?
>
> Whatever you've "click[ed] on" will persist until NM decides it's not
> usable any more, roughly.

That's what I thought.  The Subject: I used for this thread was "how
can communications mode be manually controlled ?"  Sounds like the
ultimate control remains with NM, not with the user.

mikus