[sugar] Public_meeting !== Game_Jam (was Re: [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2008-08-25)

Edward Cherlin echerlin
Tue Aug 26 01:31:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> 5. Learning Content: On Sunday, 31 August, at 4PM, OLPC will be
> hosting a public meeting to discuss (Please see
> http://olpcphysics.eventbrite.com):

This link points to the Aug. 29-31 Game Jam. There is no information
there on a public meeting. When was this announced? If I had known
about it in sufficient time, I would have put in to give a
presentation on adapting existing educational software, including
math, literacy, and much more.

> * Great teachers have great content they've spent their lifetime
> developing?how can they contribute to OLPC/Sugar?
> * How can engineers help teachers get set projects into motion?
> * How can we together help with the transition from paper and pencil
> to Sugar and computing?
> * What learning strategies are OLPC working on?

I would have weighed in on each of these topics, as well.

--
Silent Thunder [ ?? / ???????? ] is my name,
And Children are my nation.