[sugar] commanding what the screen should show

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Sat Aug 23 22:21:31 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that the XO had "stacked" my last keypress (the F3),
> and upon resuming Sugar had "fed in" that stack.

I've seen this too, and been annoyed by it. My theory is different - X
is catching the /release/ event of the F3 key. If I release F3 quicky,
it doesn't switch to the Home view. This is easier to test with an
external usb keyboard - the time it takes to release the key on the XO
keyboard is longer.

> If this guess of mine were correct, that might explain "overshoot"
> of a cursor movement

I suspect cursor issues are a completely different thing.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions