[sugar] commanding what the screen should show

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Sat Aug 23 14:14:12 EDT 2008

This too might have a bearing on the "jumpy cursor".

I normally use Terminal (in the Sugar X session).  But sometimes I
use the text console (to get there, I press ctl-alt-F2).  To get
back to Terminal (i.e., Sugar), I press ctl-alt-F3.

No matter how carefully I press those keys (on a good-quality
external keyboard), I often end up looking at Home view.  In fact,
just today when coming back from the text console (I think it was to
Joyride 2330), I was shown the Terminal screen and managed to type
in one character -- then the XO changed the screen to Home view.

It seems to me that the XO had "stacked" my last keypress (the F3),
and upon resuming Sugar had "fed in" that stack.  F3 is what asks
for the Home view - and that's what I got - despite, from the text
console, being careful to press F3 only once (for the ctl-alt-F3).

In this situation, the XO behaved as though it had been presented
with more "input commands" than I had entered.  [I have no reason to
believe that the keyboard was at fault.]

If this guess of mine were correct, that might explain "overshoot"
of a cursor movement - instead of acting on a _single_ cursor
movement as input by the user, the XO might behave as though it had
been presented with _multiple_ movement inputs.

mikus