[sugar] Deleting journal entry

Arjun Sarwal arjun
Thu Aug 21 14:38:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am  using the following piece of code from one of Sugar's files to
create a journal entry whenever a logging session (which is a set of
csv values) is created within Measure Activity.

Whenever user records a few values, a journal entry gets created. When
he choses to record a few more values another journal entry gets
created which is still basically pointing to the same file that has
been updated with few more values. How can I delete the previous
entry.

Just an overview of required steps would be good for me to start with.,..

Thanks a lot.
regards
Arjun

        try:
            jobject = datastore.create()
            try:
                jobject.metadata['title'] = _('Log values ' +
str(waveform_id) + ' ,from Measure Activity')
                jobject.metadata['keep'] = '0'
                jobject.metadata['buddies'] = ''
                jobject.metadata['preview'] = ''
                jobject.metadata['icon-color'] = profile.get_color().to_string()
                jobject.metadata['mime_type'] = 'text/csv'
                jobject.file_path = file_path
                datastore.write(jobject)
            finally:
                jobject.destroy()