[sugar] Sugar mtg minutes, August 21 2008

Simon Schampijer simon
Thu Aug 21 14:38:26 EDT 2008

====Logs ====
http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/meeting_logs/sugar-meeting-Aug-21-2008.log

====Topics====
===== Update (Thrilling news of this week) =====
No special news this week

===== Roadmap =====
What do we want to do for [[ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84]] ?
* we aim for a 6 months cycle (another week to set this in stone)
* please add your points to this page [[ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84#Goals]]
- we want to discuss these next week

===== Status of bugfixing =====
* which bugs rest for 0.82
** marco will review the open reviews and give his opinion about landing
in 8.2
** erikos has to do 7480 and 7871
** everyone should work on blockers, until 8/27 we can push fixes we
have code already for (even though they are high and no blockers) if we
get marcopg, cscott, or micahel to okay them. michael is happy if other
bugs get fixed; he just don't want other bugs getting fixed at the
expense of the blockers (more details will follow in another email).

* stable releases: 0.82.1 will be a stable coordinated release (which
will help to resynchronize translations), we will rely on
non-coordinated module releases until then, the packages for the
non-coordinated releases should be announced on the mailing list that
packagers can step in and do the packaging work for their distributions
** release date for 0.8.2 is planned to be September the 17th (more
details from michael)
** release date for 0.82.1 is planned to be September the 5th (more
details in another email)

===== Control panel updater =====
has not happened this week

Best,