[sugar] Importing objects from journal

Michael Stone michael
Wed Sep 26 17:46:12 EDT 2007

Eben,

> I think the point of confusion here is that some activities create
> *multiple* entries.  These entries, as output of a single activity,
> are closely associated with the session which created them.  In this
> case, the session is the "roll of film" and the associated entries are
> the individual photos.

> Is there a way to associate these that maintains the security model?

Certainly. Sugar just has to tell Rainbow "The user is resuming activity
X. Please give it A, B, C."

Or it has to say "Activity X wants write-access to user documents. Okay?"
And if Rainbow says "Go for it", then Sugar asks the user to select some
documents. Then Sugar tells Rainbow "Okay, in response to Activity X's
request #xxx, the user picked A, B, C. Please give them to the
activity."

Finally, Sugar could say to Rainbow: "Activity X wants read-only access
to some user documents and I have picked out A, B, C for it."

After each of these entry points, Rainbow will say to "Here's what I
passed along and here's where I put it". Sugar should finish the
transaction by forwarding this information to the activity.

Does this description fail to meet our requirements?

Michael