[sugar] collaboration, technical means?

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin
Sat Feb 3 03:39:48 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:28:35PM -0500, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > Technically, what is the means for collaboration? VNC?
>
> How do you mean?

First of all, I may have missed a discussion on the same topic. If that
is the case then just point me to the mailing list archive.

Anyway, I was thinking about collaboration. I understand that at least
Abiword and TamTam have plans and maybe implementations for activity
specific collaboration. That's great. What I am worried about is apps
which are not tailored for Sugar. Is Sugar going to provide some sort of
fallback generic collaboration facilities?

For example, suppose we make an activity out of today's GCompris by
merely wrapping it in a python script which does fork & exec. Can kids
still collaborate in a rudimentary way?

One idea is fallback to VNC. I know VNC isn't optimal from a CPU or
bandwidth standpoint, but it's better than nothing.

--
Make April 15 just another day, visit http://fairtax.org