[sugar] xo bundle mime-type

John J5 Palmieri johnp
Fri Apr 20 16:27:11 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 22:17 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> This is what Jim suggested and Tomeu put in the current implementation:
>
> application/vnd.olpc-x-sugar
>
> I can't find the ticket is suggested it on anymore and I don't remember
> the rationale though.

I see MS uses vnd. for a lot of their types.  Not sure what it means.
the -x- suggests an experimental name (though the spec just says it
should not start with and x- or x.). Also don't we wish to have xo
somewhere in the name so we can have different bundle types?  Just
looking to the future if we need to register other mime-types it would
be nice to have a single naming format for readability.