[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Oct 30 10:44:06 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 17:25 +0200, Teus Benschop wrote:
> Another thing that I noticed, as a first time user, is this:
>
> When an activity is started, e.g. the web browser, with F5 the user can
> toggle between full screen (sort of), and a reduced screen where the
> other icons become visible. When going a search in google, and it shows
> in full screen mode, all search results are fully visible, but when the
> browser is put in reduced screen mode, bits of the left and right side
> of the browser's window are cut off, with the result that part of the
> search results become hidden. The same happens with the terminal that
> gets opened with F6. The prompt does not become visible till the user
> has pressed a couple of Enters, or till the terminal is placed in full
> screen mode.

This is the Frame, which allows access to launching other icons, seeing
what other buddies are around and participating in your activities,
activating the overlay, etc.  It's part of the interface.  Perhaps it
needs more discoverability...

Dan