[sugar] Re: where to base?

John J5 Palmieri johnp
Fri Oct 20 14:09:04 EDT 2006

> On Friday 20 October 2006 07:50, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> > 1. Stop with FC6 and use that as a basis for development
>
> I like this best of all.  Far less chance of buildsystem screwage holding up
> OLPC builds / composes.  Development trees have a tendency to break the build
> system from time to time (right Dave?)

+1 here too.

What I really want to do here is be able to cherry pick packages.  We
want to keep the least amount of delta between our base platform and the
olpc tweaks but still want to remain flexible.  To this end the forking
policy works well but at some point down the line packages we have
forked now may sync up in our base and it would make little sense
continuing to have separate branches (one package that comes to mind is
D-Bus which I have been testing the RC builds on olpc and hope to do an
update to 1.0 in fc6 when 1.0 comes out).  I want to look at the current
fedora tools we have and see if I can integrate them with davidz's build
scripts to make it easier to quickly throw together images.