[sugar] Runtime problems on Ubuntu edgy (6.10)

Mike Hunter mhunter
Mon Dec 11 22:28:22 EST 2006

Hi Tomeu,

On Dec 10 at 09:08, "Tomeu Vizoso" wrote:

[snip]

> Yes, I also had this error the first time i tried to compile abi.
>
> This is caused because configure has not been run on your machine yet.
>
> So, ./sugar-jhbuild buildone -a libabiword should configure it before
> building. Alternatively, you can tell jhbuild to configure it from one
> of the options that will appear after giving this error message.

Another day, another step closer, but another error :/

I tried the -a but I got an error on "enchant".  I was able to build enchant
and get past that, but now it wants "fribidi", but ./sugar-jhbuild
fribidi doesn't work (nor does libfribidi).  apt-get tells me that the
system's copy of libfribidi is up to date (but that shouldn't matter).

So my current sticking point is that `sugar-jhbuild buildone -a libabiword`
gives:

checking for FRIBIDI...
fribidi sources can be downloaded from SourceForge

        http://freedesktop.org/Software/FriBidi

Note: Don't use the fribidi source which is sometimes
      included with AbiWord since that version is for
      Windows only.
configure: error: * * * fribidi >= 0.10.4 is required * * *

Thanks for the continued help,

Mike

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?