[sugar] Runtime problems on Ubuntu edgy (6.10)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sun Dec 10 03:09:04 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 18:45 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:
> > So, to compile the abiword activity you should do: "./sugar-jhbuild
> > buildone libabiword pyabiword abiword-olpc".
>
> I tried that but I'm currently getting:
>
> *** Building libabiword *** [1/1]
>
> make
> Building AbiSuite with
> [ABI_ROOT=/home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/source/libabiword]
> make ABI_ROOT=/home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/source/libabiword -C src
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/source/libabiword/src'
>
>     I can't seem to figure out which platform you are using.
>
> I can see that message in abi_defs.mk...lo and behold there's no LINUX
> in the case statement that determines the platform :(  So it falls
> through to that error message and "exit 1"'s.
>
> I tried hacking the file but I'm not having success yet

> make[5]: Entering directory `/home/mhunter/sugar-jhbuild/source/wv'
> Makefile.abi: No such file or directory

Yes, I also had this error the first time i tried to compile abi.

This is caused because configure has not been run on your machine yet.

So, ./sugar-jhbuild buildone -a libabiword should configure it before
building. Alternatively, you can tell jhbuild to configure it from one
of the options that will appear after giving this error message.