[sugar] default font too big?

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste
Mon Dec 11 12:41:13 EST 2006

I dont have an spare box to install Ubuntu and sugar wtm.. could someone send
me a screenshot of the different font sizes (labeled) in use at the correct
resolution?

The current guidelines
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Text_and_Fonts)
state the font appears to be 11pt (the screen is 200dpi, the test font was
19pt rendered on a Mac i assume was around 100dpi?).  11pt sounds kindof
small for children, but I may be rendering it wrong in my head because of the
200dpi conversion of the laptop screen.  It also doesn't seem to correlate
with what Owen experienced, although perhaps the resolution wasn't set up the
same?

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project