[sugar] Integration with web apps (and Moodle specifically!)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Wed Dec 6 00:02:07 EST 2006

On 9/6/06, Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > Sounds good to me. Who should I be talking to if I want to integrate
> > with such scheme?
>
> Me, in about one to two months.

Hi Ivan,

It's been about 2 monts - nag nag nag time ;-)

This thread covered a lot, including portable code and fairly complex
trust models. My needs are a lot simpler - from the point of view of a
web app running outside of the OLPC itself, do I have a means of
trusting a user id and perhaps some user info from each OLPC.

We discussed some schemes, and one of the most interesting ones was an
emergent PKI model. Personally I like it but suspect it may not be
feasible or even desirable to get into such complexity.

Moodle itself is PHP-based, so I am after a protocol-based approach
(someone suggested a custom HTTP AUTH scheme), or some python I can
talk to without getting bitten ;-)

(I've been following sugar@ and olpc-devel@ but haven't seen anything
promising, feel free to point me to relevant discussions that I hmay
have missed).

cheers,

martin