[SoaS] Location of Turtle Blocks snapshots within directory structure?

bodosugar pn.frijas at xoxy.net
Tue May 25 07:36:31 EDT 2021

Hello, what I need is a way of backing up the whole state of  the Turtle
Blocks activity, and a way of restoring such a backup. I'm perfectly OK with
doing all my programming using the Turtle Blocks activity on live Sugar (on
a virtualized x86-64 in my particular case).

The use cases for that are multiple:
+ protect my work against crashes,
+ come back to a known good TB state after having rebooted,
+ be able to resume work on a different live Sugar configuration, and
+ be able to take my TB creations to a different VM running on a different
computer.

All those needs would get addressed if someone could tell me "you can
capture the whole state of the TB activity by backing up such and such
file/sqlite rows/etc using the Terminal command line". It's easy for me to
get files out of the VM running Sugar, and back into it. My problem is that
I don't know *what* I need to back up.

In particular, TB already has an option for saving a snapshot. All I see as
a result is the creation of a new journal entry. Maybe such a TB-created
snapshot corresponds to some files I can back up externally, then bring back
whenever needed?

I hope this makes it clear. Thanks for the tip about saving Python, I might
need it in the future.
Cheers,
--Ken Irusta

--