[SoaS] Sugar-starchart, flipsticks, labyrinth in Fedora Rawhide fails to install due to no python3 activity port

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:54:17 EST 2021

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 8:52 PM Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:

> Ibiam,
>
> As of tonight's latest nightly build, sugar-starchart will not install,
> due to the missing python2 toolkit dependency. Are you planning on
> fixing this prior to the release of Fedora 34, which would need to be in
> the next week or two?
>

> All of the above activities fail to install for the same reason: the
> missing python2 sugar toolkit dependency:

You have that around the wrong way, it's not that the python2 sugar
toolkit dependency is missing, it's that they've not been ported to
python3. If they're not ported to python 3 by the end of the month
they will be retired from Fedora. It doesn't have to just be Ibiam
that does that port it can be anyone in the community.