[SoaS] Sugar-starchart, flipsticks, labyrinth in Fedora Rawhide fails to install due to no python3 activity port

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Sun Jan 17 15:51:48 EST 2021

Ibiam,

As of tonight's latest nightly build, sugar-starchart will not install,
due to the missing python2 toolkit dependency. Are you planning on
fixing this prior to the release of Fedora 34, which would need to be in
the next week or two?

All of the above activities fail to install for the same reason: the
missing python2 sugar toolkit dependency:

* sugar-flipsticks
* sugar-labyrinth
* sugar-starchart

DNF fails with:

  Problem: conflicting requests
   - nothing provides sugar-toolkit needed by
sugar-starchart-16-12.fc31.noarch
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

Additionally, sugar-distance and sugar-fototoon will install, but does
not execute properly. Given that sugar-distance doesn't actually work
properly with non-XO laptpos, I strongly recommend we retire the
package, and remove it entirely from Rawhide, so it will be properly
gone in F34. The same goes for the other activities above, if we don't
expect to fix them in the next week or two.

Regards,
Alex Perez