[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] motion for a new mission statement

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Apr 24 05:50:13 EDT 2017

Quoting Tony Anderson (2017-04-24 11:10:36)
> Thanks for clarifying that when I installed Sugar (sucrose) on Ubuntu
> I was installing the Debian package.

Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian.

> My problem with SOAS is this page;
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation. It starts
> out by requiring the user to install Fedora to set up the livecd
> tools.

SoaS is a derivative of Fedora.

I fail to see the relevancy of discussing this at the IAEP list,
however: IAEP is an abbreviation of "It's an Educational Project",
emphasizing that the topic is pedagogics, not technology.

Please avoid cross-posting to multiple lists with different topic!

> The pages for Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora are much improved. The Debian
> on RPi3 needs an update.

It's a wiki: Update it yourself.  If you feel unqualified then contact
those you believe more qualified and encourage them to update it.

Since it is technical pages, reaching out at the IAEP list won't work.

 - Jonas