[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] motion for a new mission statement

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 24 05:10:36 EDT 2017

Hey, I think we are making progress! I appreciate your loyalty to your
employer.

Thanks for clarifying that when I installed Sugar (sucrose) on Ubuntu I
was installing the Debian package.

My problem with SOAS is this page;
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation. It starts
out by requiring the user to install Fedora to set up the
livecd tools.

The pages for Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora are much improved. The Debian
on RPi3 needs an update. Visitors to the sugarlabs site would appreciate
a succinct and current list of supported software (as you do at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases), the 'Supported Systems' page was
last touched in 2012.

I find dd to be a simple, no fuss, no muss way to make the usb stick.
However, the web page could point to gui tools.

The real goal is to promote the idea that Sugar is available to
non-technical visitors for them to install on their own computer.

Tony