[IAEP] In-person SLOBs meeting notes (+my votes)

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon May 9 12:00:48 EDT 2011

Thanks for taking notes on the SLOBs meeting in-person, folks!

http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2011-05-08T19:25:35.html

MOTION: A slob (to start with, Bernie) is authorized to approve spending
tickets filed on the bugtracker up to $200.  For amounts larger than
this, we still need a full SLOBs motion.

+1 from me, making this a +7 SLOBs unanimous vote. (Please keep
reporting the under-$200 spends to iaep, please, for transparency!)

MOTION: We will have a Non-binding referendum of the community regarding
whether Sugar Labs should recommend distributing Sugar modules under the
GPLv3 or later (instead of the previous GPLv2 or later), with individual
developers being responsible for deciding whether to update the license
of the modules that they maintain.

+1 from me, making this a +6 SLOBs vote (icarito absent from the room)

MOTION: Patch for our Governance page to bring it in line with what
we're actually doing: http://fpaste.org/JfrD/

+1 from me, making this a +6 SLOBs vote (icarito absent from the room)

--Mel