[IAEP] [SLOBS] In-person SLOBs meeting notes (+my votes)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon May 9 15:22:09 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 12:00 -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> Thanks for taking notes on the SLOBs meeting in-person, folks!
>
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2011-05-08T19:25:35.html
>
> MOTION: A slob (to start with, Bernie) is authorized to approve spending
> tickets filed on the bugtracker up to $200.  For amounts larger than
> this, we still need a full SLOBs motion.
>
> +1 from me, making this a +7 SLOBs unanimous vote. (Please keep
> reporting the under-$200 spends to iaep, please, for transparency!)

Sure. I think transparency should be our #1 priority.

I'll self-approve the two requests I had opened in Trac for
infrastructure ($9.99) and marketing ($130). The Sugar Labs booth banner
ended up costing around $160, but it's still within my allowance.

I also asked Pablo Flores to print 50 shirts with an activity circle
design made by Walter and others. About half of them have been sold at
$15 each during the EduJAM. I've pre-paid the production cost and took
the income. When I'm finished selling the remaining ones, I'll donate
the difference to Sugar Labs. I haven't calculated the total yet, but I
got the recipes from the Ceibal Jam folks.

If someone has more time for similar initiatives, we could raise a
little more money to pay for conferences and reimburse travels.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team