[IAEP] Getting learning content to learners - some questions

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Jun 1 16:29:46 EDT 2011

I was wondering how open educational resources (OER) find their way into the
minds of learners. I have some capacity to be able to help, but I would like
to learn more.

As background, I've recently begun contracting full time to the Open
Knowledge Foundation[0]. One of the projects that the organisation runs is
Open Text Book[1].

The project is mostly dormant. I would like to awaken it. However, there are
many ebook repositories in existence. I would like advice on the best way to
help.

Some questions:

 - Do educators use digital content from non-traditional sources?
 - What is missing for learners and teachers?
 - Are things easy enough for people creating learning material to get it
into the hands of others?

Thanks all

Tim McNamara
Professional \\  paperlessprojects.com