[IAEP] [SLOBS]: Request for certifications of developing an activity

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 13 17:09:03 EDT 2011

Hi Gonzalo,

as you know I'm generally a fan of process rather than tool solutions
but in this particular case I think that having a separate mailing list
(and the aforementioned associated process;-) could actually help.

IMHO the signal to noise ratio on lists such as IAEP is relatively low,
particularly for people who only want to drop in for a couple of months
(hopefully only initially that is). Even looking at my own inbox I
currently have ~9500 unread e-mails out of the ~13800 messages sent via
IAEP since it was first established.

And I certainly do agree that professors at schools and universities are
a vital component as they're a continuum in these institutions. However
even with our small pilot project being a good, almost vital, selling
point I haven't yet figure out a way to attract more of them to this
community.

>From my own experience I do believe that long-term funding and/or
institutional commitment (e.g. Uruguay's Flor de Ceibo) and associated
research - and subsequent output in the form of papers, etc. - play an
important role here.

Though how to really get there I honestly don't know... :-?

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer