[IAEP] [support-gang] SD Card Expert Needed

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Aug 25 07:37:30 EDT 2011

On 25.08.2011, at 04:27, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

>> When you use an activity from an USB or SD card..The activity is copied to the system.
>
> Not in my experience.
>
> I've been using Activities from an SD card for four years now, and Sugar has NEVER copied those to the system (ie, to the flash memory).

If you click a .xo bundle, Sugar *will* unpack it into ~/Activities.

If you unpack it onto an SD Card yourself, Sugar will not see it. Unless ...

> [Before I start Sugar, I've set up pointers (in /home/olpc/Activities) to where the (unpacked) activity files actually reside.]

... you manually do this step to make Sugar think it was installed in a regular way.

In any case, the activity would still write to the Journal unless it has specific support to write somewhere else.

- Bert -